Titanik residency is run by the Arte Artists’ Association in Turku. Titanik A.i.R programme has been going strong since 2006, shifting it’s focus to sound in 2013, which made it the first sound art residency in Finland. The residency is located in Turku, the South-Western coast of Finland. Titanik artist-in-residence programme offers one to three month residencies for sound artists working in the intersection of sound and contemporary art. Artists are provided with free accommodation and a studio, which is adjoined to Titanik Gallery. The artists must fund all their living and travel expenses.
The residency artists have a possibility of exhibiting their work in Titanik’s studio space or in the main gallery space. The residency artists are selected by Arte board members once a year.
We are now accepting application for 2018, more info here. The closing date is 14 April 2017.
- Leah Beeferman (USA) | January
- Beatrice Peter Schuett (GER) | February
- Marloes van Son (NL) | March-April
- Sebastian Dembski (POL) | August-September
- Aloïs Yang (FR) | October
- Émilie Payeur (CAN) | November-December
- Curtis Tamm (USA) | 1.2.–30.3.
- Miriam Hamann (AT) | 1.4.–31.5.
- Kiyomi Uozumi & Tetsuhiro Uozumi (JPN) | 4.–31.7.
- Oakley Tapola (USA) | 1.8.–30.9.
- Lou Masduraud (SUI) & Antoine Bellini (FR) | 1.10.–30.11.
- Melanie Windl (GER) | 6.2.–31.3.
- Luka Ivanovic (RS) | 1.4.–31.5.
- Lorah Pierre (UK) | 1.–31.7.
- Adam Basanta (CAN) | 1.9.–30.10.
- Travers Nash (AU)
- Jorge Boehringer (USA)
- Virginie Laganiere & Jean-Maxime Dufresne (CAN)
- Jeanie-Aprille Tang (HK)
- I-Yeh Wu (TW)
- Jeremy Keenan (US A/UK)
- Yann Leguay (BEL)
- Fernando Visockis Macedo (BRA)
- Angie Seah (SG)
- Allison Halter & Holly Streekstra (USA)