”Not Another Group Show”
– art in a group
Group exhibition is the theme for Titanik’s exhibitions in the spring 2014. We are encouraging artists and curators to apply for the exhibition opportunity with surprising entireties which consist of works from minimum of three people.
We are looking for interesting propositions, where making and presenting art in a group plays a crucial role. We are hoping to see fresh approaches, artists and pieces interacting with each other. The group members don’t have to know each other in advance, and any creative conflict should be embraced.
The exhibition plan must be as detailed and realistic as possible. It is recommended to present visual samples about the content of the exhibition.
The artists along with guest writers will approach the theme in a bi-annual publication of Titanik Gallery. The publication reaches a vast amount of crucial Finnish art institutions as well as art professionals in Finland and abroad. Please download the previous publications as a pdf-file from here: http://www.titanik.fi/.
– Titanik Gallery’s exhibition space is ~100 m², 3 rooms, height 2,3 – 2,6 m.
– Please attach in your application: exhibition plan or concept of an idea, images of works for the upcoming exhibition or earlier works: A4-portfolio, CD or DVD
(Mac and PC compatible) and your CV.
– In case you want your application to be returned, please add a return envelope with a stamp.
– The rent of the gallery for four weeks is 1200 €.
– Additionally, there is a compulsory 300 euro printing cost of the publication. Besides the publication, Titanik Gallery does not use printed promotion materials but instead advertises the exhibitions in various online media.
– If you wish to print posters, Titanik staff will deliver them around Turku city. However, the printing costs are on artist him/herself.
– The exhibitions are chosen by the Titanik Gallery’s gallery committee. Applicants will be notified of the decision in person latest by the week 13.
Itäinen Rantakatu 8
More info: Valtteri Virtanen, phone +358 45 899 8772, www.titanik.fi