The application period for 2017 is now closed. The next open call for 2018 will be announced in spring 2017.
Titanik artist-in-residence programme offers one to three month residencies for sound artists working in the intersection of sound and contemporary art.
Titanik residency is run by the Arte Artists’ Association in Turku, South-Western coast of Finland. Titanik A.i.R programme has been going strong since 2006, shifting it’s focus to sound in 2013, which made it the first sound art residency in Finland.
The working space, 20m2, is adjoined to the contemporary art gallery Titanik (open to public Tue-Fri 12–18 pm and Sat-Sun 12–16 pm), which is located in the city centre, on the shore of the river Aura. The artists can work in the Titanik A.i.R. studio space 24/7.
The residency period includes a possibility for exhibiting in the A.i.R. studio space or in the main gallery space. Additionally, the artists may arrange public screenings, performances etc. during the residency. Tools and audiovisual equipment available upon agreement.
Artists are provided with free accommodation in a beautiful, fully equipped flat in city centre, within walking distance from Titanik Gallery. The flat is suitable for a single artist or a couple.
The artists must fund all their living and working expenses, including food, transportation and material for exhibition.
Please prepare an individual submission, including:
– Short, clear and realistic project plan (max one page). Please specify, whether you are planning to work on a new piece or continue an old one.
– Short motivation statement (max one page) with preferred dates of residency, and possible interest in hosting an exhibition, artist talk or other event.
– CV (max one page) plus artist’s homepage.
– Maximum of 10 minutes worth of work samples as a web link to the sample material.
– Samples of recent work as attachment files or share a dropbox folder.
Please send your completed submission by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org